Monday, November 2, 2009

Sweet Potato Truffles With Pecans, Coconut, And Chocolate

I know that, from my recent posts, it must look like I eat nothing but sweets and soup. That's not exactly true, but I do have another sweets recipe to share -- this time, homemade truffles, made with mashed sweet potato, pecans, coconut, and two types of chocolate.

They're tiny, so you might need to eat a few of them.

Ingredients
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
1/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
3/4 cup pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Place the chocolate chips, sweet potato, pecans, coconut, vanilla, and salt in a food processor and process until the mixture becomes relatively smooth and forms a ball.

Scrape the truffle mixture out of the food processor and into a bowl; cover and refrigerate for one hour.

After about an hour...

Set out a piece of wax paper or parchment paper (to place the finished truffles on).

Remove the truffle mixture from the refrigerator.

Place the cocoa powder on a dinner plate.

Roll 1 teaspoon of the truffle mixture between your hands to create a ball.

Roll the truffle ball in the cocoa powder until coated, and place on the parchment or wax paper.

Repeat until all of the truffle mixture has been used.

Refrigerate until serving (or enjoy immediately).

4 comments:

Anardana said...

You said "avocado? really?" on my blog and now I say "sweet potato? really?" on yours :)

Beatrice said...

By way of background: Pomegranate has a recipe for a soy-free chocolate mousse made with avocado on her blog. (I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that one, but I'm going to have to try it!)

B

Rick said...

As soon as I saw "sweet potato" I jumped on this one. Highly original, I am going to try these!

Monet said...

These are so unique! I just made some sweet potato cupcakes with cream cheese frosting...how can you go wrong with sweet potato?