Friday, August 8, 2008

Star of India (Ft. Collins)


True, you haven't asked me about my favorite Indian restaurant in Ft. Collins, but if you did, my response would be "Star of India."

Tucked in one of the many strip malls lining South College Avenue, Star of India can be easy to miss. The restaurant's nondescript surroundings belie a pleasant interior, with black lacquered chairs and Indian art.

Star of India serves North Indian cuisine, and offers a number of vegetarian options. Veg appetizers include spicy vegetable samosas (two for $3.99), vegetable pakora ($3.99) and a mixed veg platter featuring veg samosa, vegetable pakora, paneer pakora and veg tikki ($6.99). There are also a number of vegetarian entrees, ranging in price from $9.99 to $10.99. My favorite is the channa sag, spinach cooked with chickpeas, garlic, ginger and spices.

Service on a recent visit was prompt and friendly.

Star of India also offers a lunch buffet; I've always been at the restaurant for dinner so I can't comment on the buffet.

Star of India
2900 Harvard St., Unit B (just east of the intersection of Harvard and College)
Ft. Collins, CO 80525
970-225-1740

No comments: