Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse

My mom and I stopped by the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse recently, to celebrate her birthday. We had already eaten lunch, this trip was strictly for dessert!

The birthday girl got a slice of tangerine tea gingerbread cake, served with orange sauce and five-spice whipped cream ($5.25):

(The photo does not do the cake justice, sorry!)

My mom likes spice cakes, so I wanted her to have a chance to try the gingerbread at the Teahouse. I think it was a hit; she's now talking about adding spices to the whipped cream on our pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving...

I went for the flourless chocolate cake with Persian spiced dark chocolate ice cream, candied roses and rose syrup ($6):

Yum. The cake was wonderfully gooey inside, and I thought I tasted rose in the ice cream...

Both sweets were enjoyed, along with steaming cups of chai, in the wonderful atmosphere of the Teahouse.



Happy Birthday, Mom!

Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse

1770 13th Street (between Arapaho and Canyon on 13th)
Boulder, CO 80302
303-442-4993

No comments: