Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mici

I stopped into Mici's new Cherry Creek North location for lunch on a recent weekday. I had a hankering for one of their veg panini/salad combos, and I figured that the new location might have less of a lunch rush than the original location downtown. In fact, I was able to walk right to the counter to place my order, which would never happen during a weekday lunch downtown.

Unfortunately, the Cherry Creek North location doesn't yet offer the sandwich/salad combo available downtown. It's a pity, because a half-panini and a small house salad (mixed greens, walnuts, gorgonzola and grapes in a balsamic vinaigrette) makes a nice meal.

Since the combo wasn't available, I ordered a whole Verdura panini ($8.11 with tax). The sandwich is served on a ciabatta roll, with fresh mozzarella, provolone, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, spinach and pesto. The crisp crust of the ciabatta contrasted nicely with the soft ingredients inside. I didn't think I'd be able to eat the entire sandwich, but I soon found myself munching my way through the second half.

I did enjoy the panini, although I would have preferred the sandwich/salad combo.

Mici
Cherry Creek North
3030 E. 2nd Ave (2nd and Milwaukee)
303.322(mici)6424

Downtown Denver
1531 Stout Street
303.629 (mici)6424

1 comment:

Dine With Donna said...

I have enjoyed the vegetable sandwiches so much more since purchasing my panini maker. Costco sells fire roasted red peppers packed in oil which make any combination of vegtables just wonderful. I then use the "flavored" oil in salad dressings. The addition of Monchego cheese to the sandwich which is also a Costco item adds such a nice flavor.